Thursday, December 28, 2006

My camera is a vampire

Yesterday was a damn fine day.

I had a guest, we went shopping, watched a goofy movie, and stayed up really late.

And I discovered that my camera only takes decent pictures when there is absolutely no natural light. It's a damn vampire. Let it not be said that my camera defies artificial light. Oh no, it defies natural light. So helpful for color accuracy. Stupid flux-capacitor problem.

Anyway! I had so much fun hanging out with Femiknitter and I probably acted like a squirrely puppy all day because I was so excited to see her. Yes, I did just see her in October, but this time we got to spend all day together and she stayed over and we knit while watching Talledega Nights and that doesn't happen every day, you know. (I'm usually pretty good with words, but the only way to adequately describe my excitement is to grin all huge, jump up and down, and twirl a bit. See? Squirrely puppy.)

Oh yes, there was yarn purchased (on sale! 20% off! I'll justify it anyway I can!):



I bought 1 ball of Noro Kureyon #40, 1 ball Noro Kureyon #182, and 2 skanks of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Flames (Flames! On the side of my face!). I've been coveting that colorway of Lorna's Laces for a while (and then there was a sale!), and since I announced my love for Lizard Ridge, I thought I'd get a couple balls of Kureyon to have around whenever I want to start that deliciously portable project.

And what's this?


Why, it's a centerpiece bowl full of sock yarn on my dining table of course!


(candlesticks = wedding present; bowl = Christmas present; sock yarn = sweet, sweet yarny goodness)

And hey, this is my last post for the year, so I want everyone to have a safe and fun-filled New Year's Eve! Woohoo!

No comments: