Sunday, November 26, 2006

Pretty much a direct rip-off

This post is essentially a "homage" (a better word than "rip-off" I feel) to Femiknitter's most recent post, because it's Sunday and what the hell -- I'm going to say some of the same things, so why not acknowledge the similarity (or "rip-off") and just go with it? Why not indeed.

My Thanksgivings (one on Thursday, one on Friday) were good, overall. The one on Thursday was laid-back, calm, and had an 11-month-old baby to entertain the family. The one on Friday was, um, not as laid-back or calm, was running late on everything which contributed to my bread not rising, and didn't have a cute baby to entertain us all. Although my grandmother did keep touching my stomach and hinting that I should be pregnant, a joke that was kept up all day despite my many glasses of wine. Obviously, I ought to be knocked up after only four months of marriage. Delightful! I love my family!!

But everything was easier to deal with when I thought of the totally awesome package sent to me by none other than Femiknitter, which arrived on Wednesday. (click to bigginate)


(everyone tries to lick their elbow. I did. So did Femiknitter. In the store.)


She sent me Vesper sock yarn in Tartan! I've been looking at Vesper and wanting to try it out, and she totally read my mind. I love the Tartan colors, very winter-cozy-by-the-fire.


Of course, it remains to be seen how fast this yarn becomes socks. Have you seen a completed sock on this blog? Or on hers? No, you haven't because there are none. Maybe this is the push I need to stop hoarding sock yarn and make some damn socks, already. Maybe.


The last time we hung out, Femiknitter told me about this musician and this CD, with music all about the great and mispronounced state of Illinois. And now I have my own copy.


And this was a complete surprise -- she loaned me The West Wing! I have never seen this show, and now I can watch enough to get myself completely hooked and desperate for more. Yes!

Hooray for happy packages that lighten the holiday mood!

And because she did it, I'm doing it too:


You are The High Priestess


Science, Wisdom, Knowledge, Education.


The High Priestess is the card of knowledge, instinctual, supernatural, secret knowledge. She holds scrolls of arcane information that she might, or might not reveal to you. The moon crown on her head as well as the crescent by her foot indicates her willingness to illuminate what you otherwise might not see, reveal the secrets you need to know. The High Priestess is also associated with the moon however and can also indicate change or fluxuation, particularily when it comes to your moods.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.


Knitting content should grace the pixels of this blog soon. I'm making good progress on the Margaret Scarf, I think. And I'm considering casting on for something for me. And there is wee knitting to show off, and additional wee knitting to consider casting on.

3 comments:

femiknitter said...

I'm so glad you like the yarn! I wasn't sure about the colors, so I took a chance. Yeah!

Another High Priestess? We either need to start a cult (as you suggested) or fight to the death. I vote cult.

Anna said...

Yes relatives are tons of fun. Love the yarn.

Anonymous said...

I am the "empress":

"The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born."

So, Kathy, does this mean that you are in my womb? Will your grandma be touching my stomach now?

P.S. I can lick my elbow.