The rule of sevens. Invoked when I can't think of anything better to do.
Seven Things That Sucked About Today
5. CornFest moving into town (last year's observations here)
6. College kids moving into town
7. Heartburn (caused by the medication for the Rash of Doom, which has subsided so I stopped taking the medication yesterday. And yet.)
Seven Things That Brightened Up Today
1. Yarn arrivals (see below)
2. Wee lads visiting (and mom Heather, too)
3. Calling Beloved at work and, when asked who is calling, saying "this is his wife"
4. Waking up early enough to have breakfast
5. My brother-in-law has a new blog
6. The weather is pleasant and conducive to knitting
7. I taught a co-worker how to knit while on our breaks
Sock yarn from Fearless Fibers (550 yds of sock yarn. For $14.50, people. And I suspect she has a catapult for use in shipping, because the yarn got here faster than a greased pig, as my granny would say. I would say, "faster than the post office at its usual glacial pace") in the Kildare colorway. I will knit it into happy socks (cables?) in the drears of February.
Recycled rayon from The Wool Peddler. The tricksy part is, it looks just like silk, but it's cheaper! And often the yardage is better! (Give me a break, I have to celebrate the vegan aspects of my life where I can.)
This will be throw pillows for the couch. The Beloved isn't crazy about the color 'splosion, but I am, and I'm the knitter. So therefore I get to have them and he must deal with it. I stick my tongue out to anyone who disagrees.
My latest KnitPicks haul. Two skanks of the Bare sockweight superwash/nylon -- for to begin my dyeing project soon. (I have a specific colorway in mind, but have no idea how to carry it out. I must consult the oracles.) ... two skanks of Essential in Burgundy for (possibly) the Baudelaire socks, because they call to me so ... assorted sock-size KnitPicks dpns, in all their pointy glory.
And now it's time for a cold one. Tragically, we have neither "Seven" necessary for tonight's theme drink. I'll have to make do with silver rum and pineapple juice. Darnit.
Quick blog-reader survey: what is your favorite summer drinky drink? Post answers in comments, s'il vous plait. Merci!