Friday, January 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Laura!



Today Laura turns 23 and triumphs over being 22. Well done! (Here you see the girls in our natural habitat... the tree farm. Laura on the left, me, Maribeth)

Laura is a great actress, a driven student, supremely organized, and a funny funny girl. (Woman! Sorry!) She's one of my bridesmaids this summer, and will also be coordinating every single thing that happens on my wedding day, for which I thank her because I tend to crumble in the midst of stress.

Laura rocks at making jelly, pies, cookies, and cakes. She has been known to spend hours digging up recipes that could be made vegan, because she loves me and Nick.

Laura knows what's up when it comes to books and movies, and always has the latest good-movie tip for her eldest sister who has no TV and is sadly out of the media loop.

Laura is making me The Afghan of Doom for a 23rd birthday 24th birthday 25th birthday wedding present (shh! I'm not supposed to know!) using worsted-weight chenille, an H hook, and the double crochet stitch. And nothing else except her determination to keep me warm.

Laura is an amazing human being, and I'm so freaking lucky that she's my sister.

Pineapple eggs, sweetie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many happy thoughts for Laura on her great triumph into the middle 20's. You both are very lucky! Ciao Bella! Sandi

Anonymous said...

I love you so much! Thank you for everything. You made me cry at work when I read this.

Heather said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday, Laura! :-D

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a super year, Laura. Your dad and I love you!

We'll catch up with family soon and celebrate in style.

---Mom

Anna said...

You're probably still celebrating so Happy belated birthday Laura! Hope you had a great day.