Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Pat Robertson, you twit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4177664.stm

And lots of Americans think this guy is not insane and makes a really good point. I'm baffled.

I heard this story on NPR's Morning Edition this AM, right before the bit about church-goers being more supportive of the war. I must have grown up with a different kind of church than what's being preached these days (as I brandish my cane and hitch up my shawls around my stooped shoulders).

If Pat Robertson thinks he's on god's team, and Pat Robertson says our country should assassinate the leader of another country, does that mean that god is all for murder and death and chaos? Because I've seen depictions of that god, and he's mostly with the horns and fire.

Argh. I'm all grumpy. I'm going away to deal with the concept of America as Nazi state.

No comments: