Friday, March 17, 2006

Kiss Me, I'm Irish



(at least in theory)

I found this picture on my work computer today. That's Maribeth, me and Laura on Christmas Day 2004.

My sisters are amazing. Laura is going to Library School, working part time, and helping me plan the heck out of my wedding. She's doing a damn good job of it, too. She also drove to DeKalb from Rockton (driving time: 1 hour) to see me on Tuesday night, because she wanted to give me a hug. She's a super lady.

Maribeth is a CNA, working full-time and going to school full-time. She is the bubbliest, happiest person I know, even when she's tired and cranky. Making her smile is so easy. She is recently engaged, but told me that she didn't want to steal my thunder (her words) and usurp (my word) my star-of-the-show "Bride!" status. Thoughtful doesn't begin to describe her.

I'm super lucky to have these wonderful women as sisters (and bridesmaids!) and I wanted to tell the world that I love them. And I did.

2 comments:

Nik said...

i often wish that i had sisters. I'm the only girl...i grew up in a house of dirty boys. I imagine that, if I had sisters, we'd be UBER close.

Norah said...

That's so cool! I'm an only child, and always wished I had sisters....