Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Interference

*Whap!* I'm sorry-- To those involved with the DeKalb Sit-n-Stitch, my apologies for being a total lazy git not being more clear about my absence from the meeting. Shame on me and a (brief) curse upon my stash. I assure you that the next meeting (August 8th at 6:30pm) will occur as scheduled, with Special Cameo Appearance by Yours Truly. As always, the meeting will happen at the DeKalb Public Library, in the basement.

I had a good excuse for missing the meeting, though. Nay, a phenomenal, really-excellent-person excuse: I drove Nick (my beloved) into Chicago so that he could take the Bar Exam. He called about 3 hours ago to say that the first six-hour day of testing went well (there are two days of six-hour testing. Yes, two.), and he sounded cheery. I don't know if I could sound cheery after taking a six-hour test that I knew was only half of the deal.

The Cohabitation Project is still in the "in progress" stage, and thus my crochet is suffering. It cries because it's not being worked on--all these projects: the hat for Margaret, the bag for me ... ah... someone else?, the baby blanket, they all weep for lack of attention. Yes, I'm a terrible crocheter, but a really good fiancee. Really. At the very least I aspire to be.

Speaking of Crochet, those in the DeKalb area who have not gotten into my crochet classes in the past, I'm developing another series of classes for the Fall (October & November). These classes will be open only to new students, so anyone who hasn't gotten in before, now is your chance! Stay tuned for more. Same Hook-On time, same Hook-On channel.

No comments: