Monday, December 11, 2006

It's the Flux-Capacitor or something

*deep breath*

And I'm back.

And it seems my electronic equipment has risen up in arms against me.


See all those horizontal-ish lines? WTF is going on? I mean, it looked way worse in the thumbnail version on my camera and in the photo manager part of my computer (I am a yarn geek, not a computer geek -- specifics are lost on me), but it still kind of honks me off that I have lines running through my for-posterity photos of my first attempt at toe-up socks.


And this was the situation on... Sunday (yesterday)? I have no idea. Still with the lines. But the socks are moving right along. They're both farther than this, and I now have to figure out where to stop in order for the heel to turn out right.

Begun: Saturday, December 2nd, in the aftermath of a snowstorm, waiting to get shoveled out.
Pattern: Wendy's generic toe-up. I am in love with this pattern. Doing the toe first gives me a huge sense of accomplishment that the cuff-down sock never did. After only a short while, bam! I have a toe! Fantastic. And I'm combating Second Sock Syndrome by working them both at the same time. Forethought!!!
Yarn: Koigu KPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPM in some colorway that I cannot find on the internets at the moment, but was given to me by Heather as a bridal shower gift (can I get a HELL YEAH! or even a Heck Yes!) and described as "the most Kathy colors I could find." I would describe it as sherbet-ish-berry-ish-sunset. Which is why I'm not being paid to come up with names for yarn colorways.
Needles: Knitpicks 2.5mm (US 1) double-points. Set of 5. I'm actually using all five and feeling very much like a knitting rock star. Oh yes. Rock star.

I do have pictures of my other projects, but they seem to have vanished (again with the electronics trying to foil me at every step of the way). So I'll take some more, but later, my dears, later. After I've had a good sleep or two.

It turns out that the problem with our camera that is causing these delightful horizontal lines (and I'm sure you'll be seeing more of these later), is the capacitor, or maybe the flux-capacitor, or maybe I watched too much Back to the Future the other day, and have no real idea of which I speak. But fixing it requires sending it in for an estimate, and then actually paying someone an amount of money greater than or equal to that estimate, and that's just not on the agenda these days. So, like I said, you'll probably get to see a lot more of these lines in the future. Charming, I know.

Maybe I can call them a design feature?

1 comment:

femiknitter said...

The socks look great! I've never attempted a toe-up sock, but it looks pretty cool. It seems like the immediate sense of accomplishment would be totally worth it. Nice work!