My brain has gone numb these last few days. Consequently, posts are going to be in list form from now until August (most likely). This is a list of things that made me go "Hmmm." Like the song. Which I now have stuck in my head. Damn.
1. I am missing one 7" size 4 (US) pink aluminum dpn and a black satin corset. Both objects were placed in fairly secure locations, either in closets or in the knitting box; they weren't running about willy-nilly. Where the heck are they? Are they together? Is someone macgyvering some weird sexy knitting device?
2. My Beloved said to me tonight: "Speaking of wisdom, I was reading "Redbook" today..." Words that I never in life expected to hear from any man.
3. The thought that my wedding approaches on swift ninja feet is starting to really flip me out. It's in 10 days, and I keep saying things like "Oh, we'll take care of that the week before the wedding" and that's next week. Good lord.
4. I talked to (or rather emailed) my good friend in the Navy, who says that hailing a ship is a lot like trying to pick up someone in a bar. "What's your name? What's your sign? Where have you been? Where are you going? What kind of junk do you have in your trunk?" Despite these scintillating near-hook-ups, he's kind of bored. Sadly, The Navy won't let him come home for my wedding. Even if we ask nicely.
5. It may be a sign of my newfound maturity (let us all contemplate that statement with a collective "Ha!") that I have stopped biting my fingernails.
This shocks everyone I know, including myself. I've always been a nail biter, then a few weeks ago I just decided to have pretty nails for the wedding, and I stopped. Wow. Simple. Now the long nails get in the way of everything and I can't wait to chew off bits of my hands after the wedding.
6. Oddly, the thought of getting married is more serious and almost scary lately. Weird, because we've been together for 9 years and have lived together for one year. I don't know.
7. I have to figure out how to put on eyeshadow in the next 10 days. Does anyone have advice as to where to put the colors? I have this vague notion that the lighter shades should be right under your eyebrow, but that could be a whacked-out tip from an eight-year-old Seventeen magazine and I don't want to look crazy on my wedding day. Really, anyone with ideas?
The obligatory nature picture, which will distract you from the awful lack-of-content in today's post. I hope.